Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thing 14: fishing for tags

Today I plunged back into Technorati to see how tagging made a difference to my blogging life. I claimed this blog, and added some tags to it so that people might be more likely to stumble across it while looking for something more useful about web 2.0 and Auckland City Libraries. Who knows, maybe there's a fetish forLearning 2.0 blogs. On the internet this is very possible.

I tried searching for the term "Learning 2.0" in different ways on Technorati. Searching for post by keyword, blogs by keyword, and posts by tag all brought up a lot of posts focused on education and Web 2.0, and the crossover between them. The intersting result was that there was no overlap on the first result page between any method. I haven't really had time to see which way would help someone find this blog. Perhaps it's best if I don't know - I already spend too much time googling myself.

Looking at Technorati's popular page produced some results I would have expected - the top blogs are things like Boing Boing and Techcrunch - popular sites from the neo-nerd zeitgeist. The most amusing top blog result was Blog Tips to Help You Make Money Blogging. I'm glad these two things have come together.

The popular page also has a list of top searches, with the illuminating inclusion of hot girls. This proves that even in the world of Web 2.0 the internet has not lost sight of its original goals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha - I didn't notice the hot girls popular search :) great work on your blog.