Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thing 20: 15 minutes



That video is a clip from my friends' band, Haunted Love. The two of them pulled some favours and got into the Dunedin Public Library's secret inner rooms to film this clip, and it turned out quite well. They were both quite proud of me when I started working for Auckland City Libraries. I was proud, too.

One thing I'd like to note about video-sharing on YouTube: I watch videos that are hosted on YouTube almost every day, but almost never go the site. This is thanks to the handy embedding feature that YouTube provided right from the start. All the clips I watch are hosted by YouTube, but for all appearances live on totally different websites.

As to how libraries could make use of YouTube, I'm not at all sure. For me it's just a terribly convenient way to host and share videos, and I've never dabbled in the community side of things. Forgive me, but I've been online for a long while, and I prefer things text-based. Text doesn't discriminate against the ugly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool video, it looks good